Views: 390 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-04-07 Origin: Site Inquire
A customer is importing a batch of used electromechanical equipment and needs to undergo pre-shipment inspection. They are unsure about what is included in the inspection and would like to know what items are inspected.
The customer is importing a batch of used tracked excavators with the product code 8429521200. According to customs requirements, they need to undergo pre-shipment inspection before import. However, they are unsure about what items need to be inspected.
Based on the provided product name and code, our company has found that pre-shipment inspection is required for imported used electromechanical products. We have checked the "Implementation Rules for Supervision and Management of Pre-Shipment Inspection of Imported Used Mechanical and Electrical Products" on the website of General Administration of Customs to see the standards and procedures for pre-shipment inspection.
According to Article 6 of the Implementation Rules, importers or their agents must apply for pre-shipment inspection from either the destination customs or an authorized inspection agency for imported used electromechanical products that require such inspections.
Customs do not designate inspection agencies for the pre-shipment inspection of imported used electromechanical products. The consignee or their agent of imported used electromechanical products can choose to conduct pre-shipment inspection by themselves. Customs may organize or send inspectors to participate in the pre-shipment inspection of imported used electromechanical products as needed.
According to Article 7 of the "Implementation Rules for the Supervision and Administration of Pre-Shipment Inspection of Imported Used Electromechanical Products," pre-shipment inspection of imported used electromechanical products should be carried out before shipment, at the loading place or shipping place outside China, in accordance with the mandatory requirements of Chinese laws, regulations, and technical specifications.
(1) Verify whether the product name, quantity, specifications (model), newness, damage and other conditions are consistent with the trade documents such as contracts and invoices.
(2) Check if prohibited goods are included or carried.
(3) Evaluate safety, health, environmental protection, fraud prevention, energy consumption and other items:
1. For special equipment, check whether it has obtained a "Special Equipment Manufacturing License" or a type test report.
2. For food contact machinery, evaluate whether its safety and hygiene conditions comply with national food safety standards.
3. Evaluate whether non-road mobile machinery conforms to the mandatory requirements for pollutant emissions.
4. Evaluate whether the product satisfies the qualifying standards for energy efficiency in China.
5. Verify whether the product meets all other security access requirements in China.
In accordance with Article 10 of the "Implementation Rules for Supervision and Management of Inspection before Shipment of Imported Used Mechanical and Electrical Products", the pre-shipment inspection agency shall develop a pre-shipment inspection procedure or operating instructions suitable for the situation of the agency based on the provisions of Article 7 of this regulation, in order to regulate on-site pre-shipment inspection activities.
Our company will inform the customer of the pre-shipment inspection requirements that we have learned, and request that they notify their overseas counterparts to prepare the necessary documentation for the inspection.